|JOB TITLE: CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER DATE: OCTOBER 2019
|Reporting to: GENERAL MANAGER SVS|
|This role is based with our sister company SVS in Galway. It is responsible for planning and directing the activities of the customer service team(s) to meet the needs of customers and to support company operations. It is also responsible for ensuring that all members of the Customer Service team support the retention of existing customers and the development of new business by providing professional and efficient service and identifying opportunities for better service delivery and quality management improvement.|
|Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
|· Ensure the delivery of excellent, high performing service to our customers
· Maintain / develop systems and procedures for information and knowledge sharing within the customer service department and to the General Manager
· Generate and produce accurate and meaningful customer information and data for the General Manager, Managing Director and Sales Team
· Identify obstacles and issues impacting service or efficiency and develop and implement solutions to address
· Work closely with sales, logistics, purchasing and transportation providers to reduce order cycle times and improve order management while controlling the cost of serving customers
· Provide regular feedback to management on operational issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements
· Act as escalation point for investigation and resolution of customer problems particularly complex or long-standing issues which have been referred by customer service team members
· Maintain accurate and current customer information and data and produce and circulate monthly reports
· In conjunction with the General Manager, take responsibility for managing the relationship of the key customer accounts, building a good relationship with the customers and ensuring that queries/issues are resolved on a timely basis.
· Design and implement a Key Account Management plan for our largest customers and work with the General Manager to ensure that this is acheived
· Provide agreed weekly and monthly reports to key customers.
· Attend and participate at regular team and office meetings to encourage open communication and knowledge sharing.
· Support team members to achieve agreed levels of performance through target setting, training and ongoing communication
· Recruit team members where necessary
|Key Capabilities Required|
|· Minimum 5 years experience in a senior role
· Experience in the Pharma/Medical Device/Electronics industry an advantage
· Advanced excel skills
· Exceptional commercial ability, capable of negotiating and executing on significant commercial deals
· Excellent customer relationship management skills with previous experience in Customer Service
· Good understanding of Quality Management and Regulatory requirements
· Solutions oriented with ability to handle multiple competing priorities and skill in managing workloads.
· Team worker with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels in and outside the company
· Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
· Demonstrates significant judgement and decision-making capability
· Excellent influencing, organisational and leadership skills that will build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
· High sense of urgency and commitment to execute.
· Ability to be flexible and to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations or individuals.
· Ability to travel to clients, sometimes on short notice
· Professional who is experienced and dependable with discretion, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.